web analytics

How to Immigrate to Australia 2023

 Immigrate in Australia

The Australian life makes you dream? More and more of you want to settle permanently in the land of kangaroos. Australia was still welcoming to everyone a few years ago, then closed its doors to the masses. Indeed, for a decade, Australia has been claiming its chosen immigration policy based on the economic needs of the country. But don’t worry, some doors are still open! In addition, with the pandemic Australia had closed its borders and therefore had very little immigration since 2020. The country is therefore sorely lacking in manpower and has created new lists of sought-after professions. We therefore give you here the different options available to you to settle in Australia.

How to immigrate to Australia

Everyone knows that Australia offers an incredible quality of life. With year-round sunshine, major cities located less than 30 minutes from the beach and a stable economic situation, the country attracts many migrants wishing to settle there permanently. Indeed, for several years, Australia has experienced stable growth and a low unemployment rate (4.6% in Sept. 2021), and high wages, thus offering its inhabitants a very good standard of living. In addition, the living environment is ideal, beautiful landscapes, good weather, friendly people … in short, a little paradise.

The country also claims its chosen immigration policy but does not hide its need for labor in certain sectors, an opportunity for many qualified people! The pandemic has further amplified this phenomenon.

How to immigrate to Australia

Determine your profile

To find out if your occupation is an in-demand occupation in Australia, you should consult the lists made available by the Australian government: Short-Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) and Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) If your occupation is present in one of these lists, you can apply for a Points Visa (189 or 190).

See also  How To Build An Axie Infinity Scholarship ?

With the pandemic and its labor shortages, Australia has created a new list of in-demand occupations in the country, the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). This list identifies 44 occupations that meet critical skills needs to support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19.

Employer-sponsored applications and visa applications with an occupation on the PMSOL will be given priority. All other Skilled Professions Lists will remain active, but PMSOL Professions will be prioritized.

If you have family in Australia and want to join them, that person will need to sponsor you for a visa. She will also have to vouch for your application.

If an Australian company offers you a job and wishes to sponsor you, it will offer you the possibility of coming to work in Australia. You can apply for a TSS visa (replacing the 457 sponsorship visa) or a 186 or 187 visa.

If you intend to start a business in Australia, be aware that there are several visas available but the financial criteria are high.

Increase your chances of immigrating

You can increase your chances of immigrating to Australia by going through a more easily accessible visa. Indeed, if you are under 35, you can, for example, apply for WHV / PVT. This will give you the opportunity to stay in Australia for a year and therefore give you time to find an employer willing to sponsor you.

Starting your expatriation with a student visa can also be a good option for setting foot in Australia. Employers will be reassured to know that you have studied in Australia and therefore have a good level of written and spoken English. Be aware that some student visas may also provide access to permanent residency.

See also  University of Canberra Vice-Chancellor's Social Champion International Scholarships in Australia 2022-2023

Go through an immigration officer

Immigrating to Australia can be a long and sometimes complex process depending on your situation. The list of documents to provide to Australian immigration is often long. Also, if you don’t speak the language well, it can quickly become a nightmare. To help you with the procedures and to be sure that you have a good file, have chosen the right type of visa, etc., going through an immigration officer can be a good solution. He will act on your behalf for all administrative tasks related to the visa application.

Be sure to use a MARA accredited agent who has a “Migration Agents Registration Number”.

Visas to immigrate

More than a hundred visas are offered on the Australian immigration site. Here is a list of the different visas you can opt for:

Temporary visas

The PVT or WHV is a visa for young people aged 18 to 35. This visa allows you to come to Australia for one year (renewable twice) and gives the right to work during this period.

A student visa (without age limit) allows you to enter Australian territory and work up to 40 hours per fortnight. It is valid for the duration of your studies plus a few weeks at the end of them.

Sponsored visas

TSS (replaces Sponsorship 457)

With the Temporary Skill Shortage visa, you are sponsored by an Australian company. You must have at least 2 years of professional experience in your field. Your position must be listed in the STSOL or the MLTSSL. Jobs listed on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List are also affected. You will also need to pass a language test to prove a good level of English.

See also  Green Card Sponsorship Jobs in New York 2022–2023

Employer Nomination Scheme (visa 186 and 187)

Used following a TSS visa, it is a permanent visa for 5 years and renewable.

If you are applying and have never worked in Australia, you must be sponsored by a company, recognize your diplomas and your professional experience. In addition, you will need to prove at least 3 years of professional experience in your position.

Skilled Independent visa (189 visa)

This visa is an independent visa, that is to say without being sponsored by a company or a state. Your position must be listed on the MLTSSL. Obtaining 189 is based on a points test (you must obtain at least 60 points). To apply, you must be under the age of 45. This visa is a permanent visa, valid for 5 years and renewable. You can list your family in the visa application.

Partner Visa (Visa 820 or 309)

You must be married or in a De Facto relationship with an eligible Australian, Permanent Resident of Australia or New Zealand Citizen to qualify for this visa.

For a full list of Australian visas: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing

Leave a Comment